How to Install Lightroom Brushes in Lightroom 4, 5, and 6
This guide is specific to installing the Lightroom Retouching Toolkit but will also be a good guide to installing free Lightroom brushes that you may have found on your own!
This is how you can install brushes in Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and Lightroom CC on a Mac or PC!
1. Unzip your download and open the ‘LRT Brushes’ folder.
2. Copy all the .lrtemplate files from that folder
so you can paste them later.
2. Open Lightroom and go to your preferences by clicking Lightroom in the top left and then “Preferences.”
3. In the Preferences window, click the ‘Presets’ tab at the top.
4. Under ‘Location’ click the ‘Show Lightroom Presets Folder’ button.
5. A Finder window will pop up. Open the ‘Lightroom’ folder, and then the ‘Local Adjustment Presets’ folder.
6. Paste your Lightroom Retouching Toolkit preset files into this folder. 7. Quit and relaunch Lightroom and you are ready to retouch!
8. You wil find your brushes under the “Adjustment Brushes”
section. The icon looks like a brush/slider and can be found in the top right hand corner of your editing panel in the Develop module. You can also quickly get to the brushes by pressing ‘K’.
9. If you see a lightning bolt symbol next to your histogram in the top right of the develop module, be sure to update your profile settings by clicking on it and following the prompts. If you don’t, the brushes won’t work properly!